1. What is Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme?

MM2H is a programme introduced by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners of all countries recognised by Malaysia to stay in Malaysia for up to 10 years with a social visit pass and mutiple entry visa and renewable thereafter.

2. How to apply for MM2H visa?

Applicants may apply for the MM2H programme through Bao Fun (MM2H) Sdn. Bhd. We are licensed MM2H agents by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.

3. Who grants the approval of MM2H application?

The Ministry of Tourism Malaysia and the Immigration Department of Malaysia.

4. Are the main applicant and all the dependents required to be present in Malaysia while applying for MM2H visa?

No. They are required to visit Malaysia only after receiving the Conditional Approval Letter from MM2H Centre.

5. Are the main applicant and all the dependents required to be present in Malaysia while renewing or extending their MM2H visa?


6. If the passport validity of the applicant is another 3 years, can the applicant obtain the full 10 years visa endorsement?

No. The visa endorsement is in accordance with the passport validity of the applicant. Applicant is allowed to extend another 7 years after renewing his/her passport.

7. Can the main applicant bring along his/her family members to Malaysia under the MM2H Programme?

Yes, they are allowed to bring their spouse, unmarried children aged below 21, parents aged 60 and above, under this programme.

8. Are the main application allowed to bring his/her father or mother-in-law to Malaysia as dependents under the MM2H programme?


9. Is the any minimum days of stay in Malaysia after obtaining the MM2H visa?

There is no minimum days required to stay in Malaysia per year. You may visit and leave as you wish with no restrictions after you have obtained the MM2H visa.

10. How long does it take for my MM2H application to be processed and approved?

About 90 working days, subject to the submission of complete documentation.

11. Can the children under MM2H status attend schools in Malaysia?

Yes. They can study in any public or private schools in Malaysia subject to the admission requirement of the schools.

12. Does a child need a Student Visa to attend kindergarten here?

No. Children aged 18 and below under MM2H status do not require Student Visa to study in Malaysia.

13. Can the applicant place the required fixed deposit in foreign currency?

No. Only Ringgit Malaysia is acceptable.

14. Can the applicant withdraw the fixed deposit in the bank for daily expenses in Malaysia?

No. They are only allowed to withdraw for the purpose of house purchase, education for children and medical expenses in Malaysia, up to the maximum amount of RM150,000 (for applicants who are aged below 50) or RM50,000 (for applicants who are aged 50 and above). Withdrawal can only be made after a period of one (1) year from date of issuance of MM2H visa with prior written approval from the Ministry of Tourism.

15. When should the applicant and all the dependents required to arrive in Malaysia for the MM2H visa endorsement?

Within 6 months, starting from the date of the Conditional Approval Letter. The approval will be automatically terminated after 6 months if the applicant and dependents failed to arrive in Malaysia.

16. Can the applicant terminate the MM2H visa?

Yes. He/she is allowed to terminate the visa at any time and allowed to withdraw all the fixed deposit from his/her account.